Finding the Right Doctor | The Cluster Headache Support Group

Finding the Right Doctor

Cluster headache is rare, but not as rare as many think.  It is also more common in men than women. Some female patients have reported decades of improper medical treatment due to an inaccurate diagnosis simply because the doctor believed it was impossible for a woman to have cluster headache.

The best way to minimize the risk of misdiagnosis is to seek help from a specially-trained neurologist who is board-certified in headache medicine.  There are a few ways to find a good specialist.

United Council for Neurologic Sub-Specialties 

American Migraine Foundation 

National Headache Foundation

Migraine Research Foundation

DISCLAIMER: Information from this site is not a replacement for medical guidance from a qualified medical professional and should be discussed with your doctor. All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only. This site is a joint work of the membership and does not necessarily represent the opinions of CHSG.ORG, CLUSTERHEADACHEINFO.ORG, CLUSTERHEADACHEINFO.COM, CLUSTERHEADACHESUPPORTGROUP.ORG, or Cluster Headache Support Group, Inc. or its officers.