Peer-reviewed medical journal articles on cluster headache and related conditions.
We have tried to link directly to PDF copies of articles where available for online viewing or download. In some cases, links may be directed to the Abstract only. These articles may require a subscription or one-time purchase in order to access to the journal article. Fees vary. For free or low-cost access to journal articles, please visit patientAccess, PubMed Central, or SpringerLink.
CHSG is not responsible for any fees incurred nor does it receive any payment, royalty, commission, or other compensation as a result of these links.
Case StudiesComorbiditiesPathophysiologyTreatmentsAlternative Treatments
Latest study results
- There haven’t been enough peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-controlled clinical trials to substantiate the use of CBD or THC-containing products to accurately state their benefit for cluster headache or any other headache disorder.
- Maryland Representative Champions Home Oxygen Use for Cluster Headache
- Cluster headache is a trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia characterised by extremely painful, strictly unilateral, short-lasting headache attacks accompanied by ipsilateral autonomic symptoms or the sense of restlessness and agitation, or both.
- Compared to peripheral pain, trigeminal pain elicits higher levels of fear, which is assumed to enhance the interruptive effects of pain on concomitant cognitive processes. In this fMRI study we examined the behavioral and neural effects of trigeminal (forehead) and peripheral (hand) pain on visual processing and memory encoding.
- A recent study, using laboratory mice, discovered a physical link within the brain that may explain why headaches are more severe than pain we experience in other parts of the body. Pain perception involves both the physical sensation of pain and the emotional response to that pain. There are physical structures within the brain that ...
- The burden of cluster headache is associated with significant co-morbidity, including substance use disorders and suicidal ideation, and treatment patterns indicating low use of recognized cluster headache treatments.
- AHS provides education and training to physicians, health professionals and the public about headache and encourages scientific research worldwide about the causes and treatment of headache and related problems.
- A few weeks ago, CHSG was contacted by a reporter from CNN seeking video submissions from patients, describing the experience of cluster headache. Our family did not disappoint! Over a dozen courageous men and women submitted honest, raw, uncensored, unfiltered video of life with cluster headache. Seven were featured in the October 3rd CNN article.
- Video demonstration of a fast, simple way to split injection doses to increase the number of attacks that can be treated without exceeding the safe upper limits. Includes bonus demonstration of ketorolac injections and safe storage of injectable meds.