Peer-reviewed medical journal articles on cluster headache and related conditions.
We have tried to link directly to PDF copies of articles where available for online viewing or download. In some cases, links may be directed to the Abstract only. These articles may require a subscription or one-time purchase in order to access to the journal article. Fees vary. For free or low-cost access to journal articles, please visit patientAccess, PubMed Central, or SpringerLink.
CHSG is not responsible for any fees incurred nor does it receive any payment, royalty, commission, or other compensation as a result of these links.
Latest study results
- If you have spent any time on the Cluster Headache Support Group (“CHSG”) Facebook page, then you probably have noticed many comments and questions about Eli Lilly and Company’s (“Lilly”) breakthrough episodic cluster headache treatment called Emgality®. Drawing on our members’ experiences as well as information received from The Lilly Answers Center, we have assembled ...
- Improving our understanding of the personal and societal burden of cluster headache is critical to generating greater interest in the development of new treatments and funding clinical trials.
- In a perfect world, choosing the right oxygen mask would be easy. Oxygen suppliers would understand cluster and deliver the right equipment the first time.
- Although rare, there are reports of painless cluster attacks or painful attacks without the autonomic symptoms characteristic of cluster headache.
- Any discussion of cluster headache eventually includes treating cluster headache with psychedelics as an alternative to medical treatment.
- Researchers from Italy wanted to understand why patients chose to treat cluster headache with illegal drugs instead of prescribed treatments.
- There haven’t been enough peer-reviewed, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-controlled clinical trials to substantiate the use of CBD or THC-containing products to accurately state their benefit for cluster headache or any other headache disorder.
- Maryland Representative Champions Home Oxygen Use for Cluster Headache
- Cluster headache is a trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia characterised by extremely painful, strictly unilateral, short-lasting headache attacks accompanied by ipsilateral autonomic symptoms or the sense of restlessness and agitation, or both.
The differential effect of trigeminal vs. peripheral pain stimulation on visual processing and memory encoding is influenced by pain-related fear.Compared to peripheral pain, trigeminal pain elicits higher levels of fear, which is assumed to enhance the interruptive effects of pain on concomitant cognitive processes. In this fMRI study we examined the behavioral and neural effects of trigeminal (forehead) and peripheral (hand) pain on visual processing and memory encoding.